Monday 22 March 2021

Audio-visual Content Shooting Script

AUDIO-VISUAL CONTENT:

10/10/20 – 13:00 – 14:00 PM

WHAT NOT TO SAY TO AN INFLUENCER:

-          ‘How much do you earn from social media?’ I get this question a lot and it always annoys me as social media is my job, and you wouldn’t ask other people what their salaries are – I think it comes across as rude and unprofessional!

-          ‘Do you dress like that all of the time? Of course, I don’t look all dressed up – frankly it would be exhausting! I take photos of my outfits when I am getting dressed up for the day!

-          ‘You don’t get affected by hate comments. - I think that people presume that when you have a large following and choose this lifestyle hate doesn’t affect you but that isn’t true at all – occasionally I do get upset when I receive negative comments, but you learn how to ignore them.

-          ‘Your lifestyle is superficial.’ No – the lifestyle that I portray on social media is my life! I take pictures when I am out and never deceive my followers.

-          ‘Being an influencer is an easy job.’ - I understand why people jump to this conclusion but being an influencer is so much more than taking pictures, it is my business. I also work with brands, creating my own clothing line with companies and my own make-up line.

 

WHAT NOT TO SAY TO AN ACTIVIST:

-          ‘You force your beliefs on other people.’ - This is a common misconception about activism, sure I want to educate people on important issues in our society but I do understand that everyone has their own views – my aim is to inspire people, and if that changes their beliefs along the way, then so be it.

-          ‘You won’t make any real change.’ – Once again, people always assume with activism that we are set on achieving one specific goal – initiating change is more than achieving one specific goal, it is about educating people with factual information, which allows them to make their own views and this can lead to real change.

-          ‘Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.’ – What I love about being an activist is as a society we get to choose how, when, and why we engage in activism and if someone thinks that there is a different issue that needs to be addressed, then I encourage them to address it. Similarly, if people disagree with my views, then that is their decision.

-          ‘You think that you are superior to everyone else.’ – I don’t believe that I am superior to other people by being an activist and using my social media platform for activism. I just want to be a platform where my audience has access to factual information so they can educate themselves and form their own opinions.

        'You don't truly believe in what you are fighting for.' - The thing is with activism is you can fight for your own beliefs and address issues that you are passionate about - for me, I am heavily involved in the feminism movement and the LGBTQ community.

'

1 comment:

  1. Great comments and statements with responses that build a sophisticated and layered representation of your different groups; excellent work.

    ReplyDelete

<a href="https://14b10gill.blogspot.com/">right</a>

Abbie Rayley Explores: Social Media

https://youtu.be/lhDR-M2eyQc